No Bake Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Balls
Say good-bye to store bought peanut butter cups, and say hello to these no bake chocolate covered bites. It doesn't get much simpler than 4-ingredients, most of which you already have in your pantry.
- 1 jar 18 oz peanut butter
- 1 bag 16 oz powder sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 package chocolate almond bark
- In a large bowl, stir together the peanut butter, confectioners sugar and melted butter until the mixture is crumbly. For the next step, the best way that I've found to make a smooth filling is to use your hands to mix everything together.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Roll the peanut butter filling into 1 inch balls and line the baking sheet with rows of the balls. Set the baking sheet in the freezer for 5-7 minutes to chill the peanut butter balls for easier dipping.
- While the peanut butter balls are chilling, melt the chocolate in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl that is deep enough for dipping. I melted 6 blocks of chocolate almond bark at a time, stirring at 45 second intervals until smooth.
- Remove the baking sheet from the freezer. Insert a toothpick or wooden skewer into a peanut butter ball and then dip it into the chocolate, turning quickly to cover the entire candy. Place onto a second baking tray that has also been lined with foil. Swirl the chocolate on the top of each candy for a pretty design. Refrigerate until the chocolate had completely dried.
- Store the candies in a sealed container in the refrigerator.