Simple Apple Fritters Recipe
A tender and moist Apple Fritters recipe that will make your friends think you are a master baker.
- Apple Fritters
- 1 cup apple (diced)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2/3 cup milk
- vegetable oil , enough to have 2 inches in your cooking pot
- Peel, core and cut the apple into very small
- pieces, place into a small bowl and set aside.
- Stir the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt together in a bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg and milk together.
- Slowly add and mix in the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the diced apples.
- Place a medium size, heavy bottom, deep sided sauce pan on the stovetop.
- Pour in enough cooking oil to measure 2 inches deep.
- Warm the oil over medium-high heat and bring to 350F. on a thermometer.
- Make about 3 or 4 fritters at a time by dropping rounded teaspoonfuls of the batter into the hot oil. Use long tongs to flip them over once or twice and cook about 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown in color.
- Work in small batches so they do not burn.
- Line a plate with paper towels or brown paper and use tongs to remove the cooked fritters from oil to drain.
- Combine milk and vanilla in a small sauce pan
- and place over low heat until warm.
- Stir the confectioners' sugar into milk mixture.
- Whisk slowly, until well combined.
- Dip doughnuts into the glaze,1 at a time, and set on a cooling rack to drain.